Sunday, November 24, 2013

Delhi Streets - Preparing for winters

You know how some times a city has a certain ethereal but undeniable charm to itself. Some say, you always feel that way towards the city you were born in, grew up and spent the longest years of your life. I don't fully believe that myself. I don't think default is the way for any sort of love.

I was born in Delhi, and have spent larger part of my life here, but I don's always find this city charming. Far from it, most of the time.. Well, until the winter sets in, that is..

Come winter and I am a fool for Delhi.. She is an enchantress whose glory peaks with the winter fog. Memories old and forgone, hang as if by an invisible thread in the heaviness of the midnight air.

Come winter and Delhi streets turn themselves into a portal of time..

It was through one such streets of the famed Kamla Nagar, when I chanced upon these workers preparing quilts...




1 comment:

  1. In all honesty, the blogger format does not render justice to your photos. Continue what you are doing photography wise tough :)

    ReplyDelete